[rbak-nsp] difference between 11.x and 12.x

Заикин Станислав zaikin_s at ufanet.ru
Mon Sep 2 07:53:42 EDT 2013

02.09.2013 17:20, Marcin Kuczera пишет:

>>> Well, we have almost no nat. I mean - all subscribers have public IP
>>> addresses
>>> and just a little, classical "bind interface" network uses NAT
>>> (office purposes).
>>>
>>> PPA crashes are nasty as whole lincard reloads, just a XCRP process
>>> crash is not a big deal as it recovers quickly...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marcin
>>>

>> Do you use vlan on-demand?
>> We have no crashes at 12.1.1.2 with many vlans on-demand (q-in-q) and
>> week's crashes at 11.x.
>> But after moving to static vlans we have no crashes at 11.1.2.8 and
>> 11.1.2.7p3.
>>

> Nope, we have just CLIPS/PPPoE subscribers on regular VLANs (single tag).
> However, we did QinQ testing (static vlan, no on-demand) but this
> config was cleared
> once problems began.
>
> btw, QinQ in demand is something like 10:100-200 ???
>
> Regards,
> Marcin
>

> Regards,
> Marcin

Yep, config like this:
dot1q pvc 2000 encapsulation 1qtunnel
   dot1q pvc on-demand 2000:2000 through 2999 encapsulation pppoe
    bind authentication chap context ufa maximum 32000

And we're reboot box after changing to static vlans like this:
  dot1q pvc 2000 encapsulation 1qtunnel
   dot1q pvc 2000:2018 encapsulation pppoe
    bind authentication chap context ufa maximum 32000

--
Stanislav Zaikin