[rbak-nsp] Configuration for Redback to act as LAC

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Thu Sep 5 10:23:18 EDT 2013

Hi,

Lloyd Gall wrote:

> We are unsure if the Redback will match the sessions from a
> different context and pass them on to the customers context
> and onto the customer's L2TP tunnel.

This should be a classic L2TP tunnel switch config if I understand you correctly.

Have done this in the past in our backbone here:

L2TP Tunnel arrives in "local" context (this is different from you). Smartedge terminates L2TP there and decides on the users realm to which context the session will be forwarded. In this context the session is put into another L2TP tunnel to the service provider.

Just have a look at the "Ports, Circuits, and Tunnels Configuration Guide", Chapter 13 "L2TP Configuration", "Configuration Examples" and there "SmartEdge Router as a Tunnel Switch".

--
Regards

Thomas