[rbak-nsp] link-group access on SE-100

Tudor Capatina Tudor at nedlook.nl
Fri Aug 15 10:09:45 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

I configured an access link-group between a SE-100 and a Brocade MLX. The problem i face is that traffic from the Brocade towards the Redback is being split among the links but the other way around, the Redback sends traffic using just one link. I have set the link-group both with LACP and static but the result was the same.
I have tried both round-robin / interface-based, created the link-group both as access and access-economical,  had the link-group both static and lacp - same result was reached.
I was wondering if this is a limitation of the SE-100 unit or i am missing something?

Brocade config and some outputs:
lag "se100" dynamic id 1
 ports ethernet 1/1 to 1/2
 primary-port 1/1
 deploy
 port-name "rd1-se100-lag" ethernet 1/1
 port-name "rd1-se100-lag" ethernet 1/2

#sh int e 1/1 | i rate
  30 second input rate: 111758468 bits/sec, 19734 packets/sec, 11.49% utilization
  30 second output rate: 64714241 bits/sec, 11604 packets/sec, 6.65% utilization
#sh int e 1/2 | i rate
  30 second input rate: 34 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec, 0.00% utilization << not used
  30 second output rate: 33963516 bits/sec, 10184 packets/sec, 3.56% utilization

Redback config and some outputs:

link-group rd2-lag access
 encapsulation dot1q
 dot1q pvc on-demand 1000 through 1199 aaa
   idle-down 600
 maximum-links 2
 lacp active
 protect-group incoming-port

#sh link-group rd2-lag det

Link-Group: rd2-lag, ID   : 27, State : Up
Ccct count      : 2                              Grouping        : LoadShare
Card Type       : carrier                        Type            : access
Bindings        : Unbound                        Minimum-links   : 1
Maximum-links   : 2
Prot-Group-Type : round-robin
Internal Handle : 255/22:1:28/1/1/4610
Description     :
Constituent Circuits:
  1. 2/15              (Up  )|  0.13%
  2. 2/16              (Up  )|  0.00%

#sh la act
                Port    Port          Oper     Recv          Seln
Lg-id   Port    State   Priority      key      State         State
27       2/15   0x3f    32767         27       exchg         active
27       2/16   0x3f    32767         27       exchg         active

Just as a note, non-access link-groups btw the Brocade MLX and the Redback unit work fine.

Best regards,
Tudor Capatina