[rbak-nsp] SE600/1200 line card redundancy

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Wed May 28 10:10:15 EDT 2014

hello,

we are suffering recenlty because of ePPA crashes on 4 port 10G cards
(PPA3).
Well, this bug as many others are on SEOS todo list, but no one know
when will be corrected.
My observation is that crashes are more related to BRAS functioinality
than others.

Whatever - my survival workaround idea is to add a new 4 port 10G card,
and configure both cards
in link-group - access mode (non economical).
So, in a case of single card crash - this should not be too problematic
for traffic.

However - does anyone has an experience - especially - case of crashes
in such config.
Does such a crashes occur only on single card in such pair or both in
same time ?

Regards,
Marcin