[rbak-nsp] CLIPS: Forward all DHCP requests to ALL DHCP servers?

Sebastian Podjasek sebastian at podjasek.pl
Tue Jan 6 09:47:30 EST 2015

W dniu 02.01.2015 o 11:17, Voigt, Thomas pisze:
> Hi all and a 'Happy New Year' to everyone,
>
> I've configured CLIPS here and use two external DHCP server which are sharing their load as follows:
>
> - DHCP server 1 answers only to even MAC addresses
> - DHCP server 2 answers only to odd MAC addresses

Just wondering, because I've no real life experience with this. Why not
configure some small network segment for this two servers and set this
segment broadcast address as "dhcp relay server". Both servers will
receive requests, possibly both will reply, but unless you use some
dynamic pool/allocation different to each server this should work.

--
Sebastian Podjasek