[rbak-nsp] se800 ge-4-port card not working

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Sun Sep 25 17:44:55 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-23 12:39, Ümit AYDINLI wrote:

> Hi Marcin,
>

> The outputs are below.
>

> [local]Redback#show diag pod
>

> Slot Type                                                 POD Status
> (Enabled)
>
> ---- --------------------------------
> ----------------------
>
> N/A  backplane
>
> N/A  fan tray
>
> 4    ge-4-port                                                    PASS
>
> 5    ge-4-port                                                    FAIL
>
> 7    xcrp                                                         PASS
>
> 8    xcrp                                                         PASS
>
> [local]Redback#
>

> [local]Redback#show diag pod card 5 detail
>

> Slot Type                                                 POD Status
> (Enabled)
>
> ---- --------------------------------
> ----------------------
>
> 5    ge-4-port                                                    FAIL
>

>      Start at 10:50:57  09/22/2016
>
>      Card Type Valid                                              PASS
>
>      JAM 1 SCL                                                    PASS
>
>      JAM 0 SCL                                                    PASS
>
>      EPPA SCL                                                     PASS
>
>      IPPA SCL                                                     PASS
>
>      SCL Hub                                                      PASS
>
>      Octal Phy                                                    PASS
>
>      Verify Card Type                                             PASS
>
>      Verify EEPROM Check Sum                                      PASS
>
>      System FPGA                                                  PASS
>
>      IPPA file load (PPA binary)                                  PASS
>
>      IPPA Memory                                                  PASS
>
>      EPPA file load (PPA binary)                                  PASS
>
> *     EPPA Memory                                                  FAIL*

Your card is broken.
PPA Memory means that it might be memory itself (rare case) or rather
some connectivity like resistors or PPA chipset need to be "reballed".
There is a company in Poland that I have shown them how to repair it,
but still, there is 50% chance to do it.

Marcin

--

Marcin Kuczera / Wiceprezes Zarządu / CTO
+48 32 440 80 71/ marcin.kuczera at leon.pl <mailto:marcin.kuczera at leon.pl>

Leon Sp. z o.o.
ul. Kilińskiego 33d, 44-200 Rybnik
http://www.leon.pl/