[rbak-nsp] Option to add 10G Line card?

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Fri Jul 28 04:23:42 EDT 2017

Hi Jeff,

you wrote:
> We have an SE600 that is well outside the support contract and I was wondering if I am able to add a 10G line card?  Our system is running SEOS-11.1.2.5-Release with 2 x xcrp4-base cards, there is also a single 5 x 1G line card installed.

SEOS 11.1 is rather old. Maybe you should update to the "golden release" which is 12.1.something.

Running a 10gig card in the SE600 chassis is no problem so far. We are running some of them here without problems and SEOS 12.1.9.
Which card you use depends on what you like to do with it: If you will use it for subscriber facing traffic then chose the 4x10gig card, which is 2:1 oversubscribed.
If you need full bandwidth on all ports (for network facing traffic) then you have to use the 1port-10g card.

--
Greetings
Thomas