[rbak-nsp] SEOS and IPv6 DHCP

Voigt, Thomas Thomas.Voigt at netkom.de
Thu Jan 18 07:26:59 EST 2018

Hi Marcin,

you wrote:

> Intersting...
> So SSR will also suffer from PPA Crashes...

No PPA crashes observed here on SSRs. But we are still in migration phase, so there are not much subscriber sessions on those cards in our SSRs.

> Btw, is there any reasonable SSR config for BRAS ?
> I was wondering about 8801, but I'am bit sure now how about functionality (BRAS) and if 100G port can work in 40G mode...

Can’t speak for 100G or 40G cards. No experience in that…

From SSR documentation:
Most BRAS features (PPPoE, CLIPS, L2TP LAC, L2TP LNS)  are available on 8801 starting with IPOS Rel 16B.
But not all! For example I would miss L2TP Tunnel Switch.

If you have access to SSR documentation you can check the available features in the Document “SSR and Router 8801 Card feature Matrix”.
As we’ve learned it is very important to know, which card is supporting which features. So this document is always laying on my desk to have a fast access in the case we configure something and it doesn’t work.

The biggest pain in those things is, that IPOS allows you to configure all features WITHOUT any warning or error message. But if the card doesn’t support it, it will simply NOT work.

--
regards
Thomas