[rbak-nsp] SEOS and IPv6 DHCP

Заикин Станислав zaikin_s at ufanet.ru
Tue Jan 23 00:11:33 EST 2018

19.01.2018 15:59, Marcin Kuczera пишет:
> On 2018-01-19 10:24, Заикин Станислав wrote:
>> 19.01.2018 14:03, Marcin Kuczera пишет:
>>> There is something called FSOL (First Sign of Life) on Cisco
>>> (ASR1001x, ASR9001), however it is bit different than CLIPS, I mean
>>> - IP Pool is bound to particular vlan, so IP utilization is not most
>>> optimal.
>>> I was told that there is some workaround for this, but this might be
>>> a bit difficult to migrate.
>>
>> If you use a unnumbered interface it is possible to keep one pool to
>> all vlans.
>
> Stanislav, could you please drop here an example of configuration for
> such case ?
> How is radius working with ASR, is it similar as in SmartEdge ?
>
> Did you try migration from SE to ASR ?
>
> Regards,
> Marcin
>

> --
>
> Marcin Kuczera / Wiceprezes Zarządu / CTO
> +48 32 440 80 71/ marcin.kuczera at leon.pl <mailto:marcin.kuczera at leon.pl>
>
> Leon Sp. z o.o.
> ul. Kilińskiego 33d, 44-200 Rybnik
> http://www.leon.pl/
>
> INTERNET | TELEWIZJA | TELEFON
>
> KRS 0000223101 Sąd Rejonowy w Gliwicach
> Kapitał zakładowy 576.700 zł
> NIP: 6332068698

We tested A9K and it fully suited our needs, but decided to didn't move
from /// to Cisco. Radius is a bit differ.

> interface Loopback4
>  ipv4 address 10.8.232.1 255.255.255.0
>
> interface Bundle-Ether30.1232
>  ipv4 point-to-point
>  ipv4 unnumbered Loopback4
>  proxy-arp
>  arp learning disable
>  ipv6 nd suppress-ra
>  ipv6 address 2001:100::1/64
>  ipv6 enable
>  service-policy type control subscriber L2_IPoE_policy
>  bundle load-balancing hash dst-ip
>   !
>  !
>  encapsulation dot1q 30 second-dot1q 1232
>  ipsubscriber ipv4 l2-connected
>   initiator unclassified-source
>   initiator dhcp
>  !
>  ipsubscriber ipv6 l2-connected
>   initiator dhcp
>
> dhcp ipv4
>  profile L2_IPoE_DHCP_PROXY proxy
>   helper-address vrf default 10.8.233.100 giaddr 0.0.0.0
>   relay information option
>   relay information policy keep
>   relay information option allow-untrusted
>  !
>  interface Bundle-Ether30.1232 proxy profile L2_IPoE_DHCP_PROXY
> !
> dhcp ipv6
>  profile L2_IPoE_DHCP_PROXY proxy
>   helper-address vrf default 2001:33::100
>  !
>  interface Bundle-Ether30.1232 proxy profile L2_IPoE_DHCP_PROXY
> !
> dynamic-template
>  type service 5M
>   service-policy input SUBS_5M_in acct-stats
>   service-policy output SUBS_5M_out acct-stats
>   accounting aaa list IPoE type service periodic-interval 1
>  !
>  type service ACC
>   accounting aaa list IPoE type session periodic-interval 1
>  !
>  type service 100M
>   service-policy input SUBS_100M_in
>   service-policy output SUBS_100M_out
>  !
>  type ipsubscriber L2_IPoE
>   ipv4 unnumbered Loopback4
>   ipv6 nd other-config-flag
>   ipv6 nd router-preference high
>   ipv6 nd managed-config-flag
>   ipv6 enable

I can send you full config and radius logs from our testing stand if you
want.
Also A9K has a cool feature named Geo-Redundancy. It is a L3-based
stateful redundancy mechanism. (On SmartEdge there is no statefull
redundancy at all)

--
Stanislav Zaikin
Network Engineer