[sysmon-help] Sysmon-0.91.18 and HP-UX B.11.23 (Itanium)

McGuire, Dennis dmcguire at brierley.com
Wed Mar 10 14:33:45 EST 2004

Greetings, trying to implement sysmon on 2 new HP rx4640 Itanium boxes.  I'm
new to HP-UX, BTW.  I found the HP-UX port of sysmon in a "binary depot" at
http://hpux.connect.org.uk.  Installing that using 'swinstall' went fine,
and I installed the needed bison, flex, and ncurses dependencies.  I
installed those 3 pkgs vi swinstall also.  My latest problem is that running
sysmon yields:

# ./sysmon
/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libssl.so'.
Killed

As far as I can tell, libssl.so is mod_ssl in Apache, correct?  Apache is
installed but obviously is missing this piece.  Should I just keep following
the trail of missing libraries, or is there an easier way to get sysmon on
HP-UX?

Thanks,
Dennis