[VoiceOps] Any subscribers from the UK?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Aug 1 17:31:16 EDT 2009

> On Sat Aug 01, 2009 at 04:23:57PM -0500, Nathan Stratton wrote:
>> >Yup! $dayjob runs a VoIP platform based around Broadworks and Asterisk.
>>
>> Interesting combo.
>
> It works well - we use Broadworks for all the call routing, and then
> bolted on Asterisk to do all the IVRs.

>From an economic perspective, that is a little strange.

Not that I would recommend using Asterisk as a general-purpose call router
or transit element or anything resembling a switch.

It's just that Broadsoft ports are awfully expensive to use for just plain
routing.  Usually, people do the opposite and dump the easy stuff to open
source, and only pump calls into the Broadsoft assembly when its more
advanced, application-level heavy lifting is needed.

If your $dayjob is interested in pursuing some SIP proxy based solutions
for routing generic POTS-style calls around expensive (Broadsoft) or not
especially scalable (Asterisk) nodes, please feel free to contact me off
list.  That's the kind of stuff we do.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems