[VoiceOps] Any subscribers from the UK?

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Sat Aug 1 18:25:19 EDT 2009

On Aug 1, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> Not that I would recommend using Asterisk as a general-purpose call
> router
> or transit element or anything resembling a switch.

Nor would I, but the setup I inherited is doing just that
(registrations handled by a commercial SBC, codec based routing
directly to an asterisk box or a cluster of Dialogic IMG 1010s,
Asterisk using Realtime and PHP-AGI hitting Postgres for routing) and
I'm easily passing 1.2 mil minutes a day.  As mentioned in another
thread, I do need 15 asterisk boxen to pull this off, but it works.
And once you get things together, its surprisingly stable.  You just
need to jump off the upgrade bandwagon, pick one, make it work, and
stick with it.

Daryl