[VoiceOps] Any subscribers from the UK?

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Sat Aug 1 18:31:08 EDT 2009

On Sat Aug 01, 2009 at 06:25:19PM -0400, Daryl G. Jurbala wrote:
> >Not that I would recommend using Asterisk as a general-purpose call
> >router
> >or transit element or anything resembling a switch.
>
> Nor would I, but the setup I inherited is doing just that
[snip]

I wouldn't advocate using Asterisk for any serious call routing (although we
use it for our office PBX without issue).

I have, however, seriously considered using SER/OpenSER/whatever-it's-called-
this-week as call routing platform, backing off to Asterisk for any application
stuff. We've got a commercial SBC to deal with the front-end registrations, etc.

Simon