[VoiceOps] VNXX

Hiers, David David_Hiers at adp.com
Tue Aug 11 09:27:49 EDT 2009

I guess I'd have to see the particular context for usage of VNXX that we're talking about.  It was quite the item back about 5 years ago, but now it's probably just used to fluff up some marketing slide deck or something.

Lots of legacy stuff running around in our thought patterns.  DID, for instance, seems to be still legally defined (via current tariffs, court documents, etc) to have a very specific meaning of a copper trunk powered by the customer, over which a small number of digits can be signaled.  In spite of all the legacy meaning, we kick that term around in VOIP discussions all the time.

The real answers are probably buried in a couple dozen FCC docs and Federal Registers, but who's got the time?

:)

David Hiers

CCIE (R/S, V), CISSP
ADP Dealer Services