[VoiceOps] Cable cut affecting Bangladesh

Colin Brown zavoid at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:12:20 EDT 2009

 Dhaka, Aug 14 (bdnews24.com)—International connectivity to Bangladesh
returned Friday evening after a 16-hour disruption as the country's
submarine cable link was restored in Cox's Bazar, a top official said.

"We heard that the link was restored around 6.30pm," said managing director
of Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Ltd Monwar Hossain.

Internet services countrywide were severely disrupted by an overnight break
in the link connecting Bangladesh to submarine cable SEA-ME-WE-4.

I'm not seeing my Bangladesh routes restored yet, so the cable fix
annoucement might be a bit premature, anyone else having issues with Bang
traffic today yet?

Colin