[VoiceOps] Does anyone implement RFC 3219?

David Hiers hiersd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:05:05 EDT 2009

Even if we could find a carrier that wanted to use it, I'd be really
reluctant to do so.

Right now, it is impossible for some moron in idiot.net to break call
routing for my TNs by screwing up a filter.

I like the static nature of SS7/PSTN, and wonder how many of those
five nines can be attributed to it's static routing.  Sure, you can
translate global titles all day, but you always come back to choosing
among a set of static routes to complete your call.

Really, when was the last time that you heard about a call that was
supposed to go from WA to NY actually head off to FL and die in a
routing loop in Okefenokee Telephone and Alligator Farmer's Co-op?

When your significant outages must be reported to the FCC, you dream
different dreams.

David