[VoiceOps] Carrier choices

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Sat Aug 22 08:59:07 EDT 2009

Alrighty all, I'm wondering whose been a successful, competent, reliable
provider in your opinion. I don't want to ramble on about any specific
company, but I have a gripe with one of my carriers.

Currently I use Level3, Global and Verizon. Anyone have other reliable
providers who don't make full-blown equipment swapouts without change
management (reversion) plans during business hours ;)

Difficult to find an all-inclusive list of carriers. I know about XO and
Qwest, but anyone else using a reliable peer I'm overlooking. Off-list
replies welcomed however, I wouldn't want to hear full-blown gripes.
I've had enough from clients this week due to one of my carriers and
their desire to yank/change equipment without 1) notifying us of a
change(potential outage) not reverting/resolving fast enough. So imagine
your entire VoIP ITSP infrastructure down the first time for 8+ hours,
only for the same carrier to come back and do the exact same thing
within 10 days for 9+ hours more. Yes sir/maam, I've had headaches this
week.

--

J. Oquendo

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to
ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things
differently." - Warren Buffett

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5CCD6B5E