[VoiceOps] Requal - VoIP quality analysis and alerting

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 24 13:21:53 EDT 2009

I've had some high hopes for recqual, though I have to admit I've not
used it other than to get it running once.  It's an end-to-end voice
quality analysis system which creates looping calls with known audio
patterns,and then self-examines the audio in both directions to
determine if there is any unusual result in the sound comparison.

Has anyone used it at length?  Is anyone interested in helping develop
this platform?  It seems like a fairly universal solution to
monitoring voice quality in a network, in a truly "as-the-user-sees-
it" manner.  It has Asterisk as its core, but could work in
conjunction with any VoIP or even TDM platform as it is simply a call
generator/receiver.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Recqual

JT