[VoiceOps] T38 over Sip

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Fri Aug 28 11:52:57 EDT 2009

This isn't a great work around because it's almost impossible to tell your
customers "Oh just have the other side turn off ECM on their fax machine and
force the transmit speed to the lowest possible setting".  If they even
understand what that means, which they won't, they probably don't have
access/permissions to make the settings change on the machine.

Every time I have fax issues with a customer I am tempted to tell them just
how well Email works over IP :).  I know, faxes are legal documents and
emails are not (in GA anyway), but that just doesn't make any sense to me
logically.

	-Scott