[VoiceOps] FAX over VOIP networks

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 12:06:23 EDT 2009

So the last thread on T38 made me want to start a thread on FAX over IP via
an ATA or something like the Adtran TA900 series.
>From our experience, to be most successful w/ FAX over IP of any sort we've
found that if you:
1.) Set baud to lowest setting fax can handle
2.) Lower print quality settings if possible
3.) Make sure to force G711
4.) Disable ECM and VAD on fax/modem tone detection

And then cross your fingers fax's are successful and consistent.  Anyone
else have other experiences or suggestions?
Kenny