[VoiceOps] FAX over VOIP networks

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Fri Aug 28 13:03:03 EDT 2009

Agreed.

The key really is g.711 (usually u-law) and low (read no) latency/jitter
unless you can fully interop T.38 across the network.  Most fax machines
will auto-negotiate to the lower speeds when needed, but low to middle end
Brother machines may be a major exception as they often have a poor T.30
implementation.

                -Scott