[VoiceOps] AT&T/Verizon Wholesale Local Phone Service

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Sat Aug 29 17:36:10 EDT 2009

Generally reselling local phone service triggers a lot of CLEC rules in
most states. Many (most?) CLECs actually only offer wholesale/resale of
AT&T and Verizon local lines (The vast majority of residential CLEC
offerings are simply resale based, rather than facilities based) and
those services definitely require a certificate of public
convenience/necessity from the public utilities commission in almost all
cases.

Some states let you file as a rebilling agent but that has some sticky
parts too.

-Paul