[VoiceOps] Conferencing NPAs

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Dec 8 12:30:49 EST 2009

On 12/8/09 10:22 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> That doesn't make any sense.  Bandwidth in what respect?  Size of
> trunk groups in access tandem links?  Those places are in
> low-populated areas;   it is logical to expect their facilities to be
> less dense there than in metro markets.  That's not really "bandwidth"
> in the conventional sense, either way.

I'm working on a project that will require completion of up to 1m
calls/hour into particular areas, so I'm learning a lot about the
details of inter-carrier capacity and bandwidth available for voice.  A
company like L3 has IP connectivity into most of the areas where it can
terminate/originate calls, and the amount of that is based on
expectations of call volume based on the type of area and population.
Then there are the telephony trunks from the L3 IP gateways to the local
carrier(s) which have a hard limit of concurrent calls.