[VoiceOps] Old code vs bold code

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Thu Dec 17 14:59:09 EST 2009

On 12/17/09 11:30 AM, anorexicpoodle wrote:
> Out of curiosity how many out there do actually have full labs of their
> environments? I know this is an arena where the full open-source guys
> have an advantage over those of us using big name vendors, since getting
> the budget for a pair of SBC's can be hard enough, let alone getting
> budget for another one just to play with.

We're one of the open source types.  I don't know if I'd call it a "lab"
but we have a VMware VI3 cluster where we keep VMs of all the major
Asterisk releases and can clone/test in a few minutes.  We also have
some spare machines in each colo where we can do whatever we want.
Quite often we test something in a VM and then deploy on hardware.  Or
deploy in the VM cluster if it's not something with heavy load.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve

Advanced phone services simplified