[VoiceOps] PGW 2200 version 9.8.1 - C7-Link

Andrew Bergman acb at staff.iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 2 23:45:03 EST 2009

Hello Albert,

>From what you are describing, I see no reason why you cannot achieve what you are after using 9.5(2), we are using 9.5(2) here in both nailed-trunk and call-control modes with both standalone SLT and integrated SLT (AS5400HPX) based signalling links.

(The ITP-L, formally known as the SLT - the product was just renamed, is a different beast to the ITP)

Are you saying you have something like the following:

GW-A: SS7 Signalling Channel + Trunks using GW-A SS7 link
GW-B: Trunks using GW-A SS7 link

This should just work - as long as you have defined a C7IPLNK, SESSIONSET, SS7PATH, etc, you can apply the SS7PATH in your trunks file to apply to any IPLNK.  I have found no behavioural difference (for signalling purposes) between the Integrated SLT or standalone SLT in our network.

I don't have the spare infrastructure in my model at present to re-replicate this scenario, and due to infrastructure relocations the usage of this in our production network has ceased.

This documentation, which I assume you have already seen, should cover this scenario:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t11/feature/guide/ftintslt.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/itp_l/itpl.html#wp1219415

Cheers,
Andrew