[VoiceOps] full to compact header conversion

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Thu Nov 5 14:22:32 EST 2009

Quite.  I've been involved in irritating 3-way conversations with "we do
UDP only, just fragment over that IPSEC tunnel we require that decreases
the MTU a bit" VZB and "Oh, no we'd never fragment in response to ICMP
and if you lower the MTU, it'll just change the point at which we
switch over to TCP" Acme.  I have yet to find an elegant solution that
fixes the problem for real, though various size reduction exercises
pretty much make the problem go away for any sane call flow.

--Jon Radel