[VoiceOps] full to compact header conversion

Brandon Buckner BrandonB at netins.com
Thu Nov 5 14:32:02 EST 2009

Hmm, I don't know if there's a way to not have the Acme SBC convert "f:" to "From" when it actually sends the message. I wrote a HMR to store the value of From:, then delete it, then add a header of "f" then add the stored value to an INVITE heading out to one of my carriers on my lab system. A wireshark capture indeed shows the from being deleted and re-added to the bottom, but it lists as "From" instead of "f", even in the converted hex frame in the bottom wireshark window. I know there someone from Acme on here, perhaps they can shed some light on it? Here's what I came up with (I only used invite in my test but that's easily changed to any):

sip-manipulation
        name                           CompactHeaders
        description
        header-rule
                name                           StoreFrom
                header-name                    From
                action                         store
                comparison-type                pattern-rule
                match-value                    .*
                msg-type                       request
                new-value
                methods                        INVITE
        header-rule
                name                           DeleteFrom
                header-name                    From
                action                         delete
                comparison-type                case-sensitive
                match-value
                msg-type                       request
                new-value
                methods                        INVITE
        header-rule
                name                           AddF
                header-name                    f
                action                         add
                comparison-type                case-sensitive
                match-value
                msg-type                       request
                new-value                      $StoreFrom.$0
                methods                        INVITE

On a different tack, are you perhaps able to strip some extraneous information from the headers that the carrier doesn't need or even in the SDP such as unused codecs?

----
Brandon Buckner
Switching Technician / VoIP Admin
Iowa Network Services