[VoiceOps] Hackin attempts to Broadsoft voice portal

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Mon Nov 9 11:12:29 EST 2009

Toll fraud is illegal and is actively investigated by multiple federal organizations including the FBI:

http://newark.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/2009/nk061209.htm

If you have the time to try and contact them, that is certainly reasonable for you to do, but keep in mind that in theory they could confiscate your equipment as evidence.

The best thing you can do is fight it from effecting anything.  If the attacks really are coming from one specific number (as opposed to changing due to spoofing) you might be able to block the calls at your SBC or other ingress point.

                -Scott