[VoiceOps] Advantages to running Broadsoft on RHEL 5 vs RHEL 4

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Sun Oct 4 16:08:06 EDT 2009

It depends on what version of Broadworks you are running.  If you
don't follow the Software Management guide then TAC may raise a
concern if they see you running Broadworks on a version of RHEL that
isn't officially supported.  Broadworks R15 does give you the choice
of RHEL4 or RHEL 5.  I haven't looked at the docs for R16 which was
just released in August.  R17 is scheduled for April of 2010 and R18
is scheduled for late 2010.  Based on those timelines I would choose
RHEL5 if possible as I'm sure RHEL5 will become the only version
supported.  If you are thinking about R13 or R14, you may want to ask
TAC if it's ok to run RHEL5.  I do like the fact that RHEL5 uses YUM.

On Oct 1, 2009, at 10:59 AM, <Michael.Lively at cox.com> <Michael.Lively at cox.com