[VoiceOps] Advantages to running Broadsoft on RHEL 5 vs RHEL 4

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Sun Oct 4 17:23:28 EDT 2009

R13 was EOM (end of maintenance) as of August 28 and R14 up through SP8
will be EOM on October 30, so they're probably off the table for a new
install (or should be).  If it were me, given what I've gleaned in dribs
and drabs from people at Broadsoft, and I could do any platform I
wanted, I'd lean towards IBM blade servers running RHEL5, simply because
that appears to be the most supported platform most likely to be
supported for the longest period, and I really hate migrations.

--Jon Radel