[VoiceOps] Bring Your Own Bandwidth/Network

Brandon Buckner BrandonB at netins.com
Fri Oct 30 12:22:37 EDT 2009

Quite a few of our customers run on Qwest DSL or Mediacom Cable connections. Most of those are very small businesses with just one to ten lines or so. We just inform them of bandwidth requirements (including upload of course) and recommend settings where we can, but so far we really haven't had complaints. We may be lucky though. We did have one genius that thought it was a good idea to be behind a sonicwall and then an actual 10Mb HUB before splitting to their entire network and an Adtran TA912. They were actually one of the "larger" customers. They kept complaining of quality issues and swore they had a switch until we actually went onsite to look for ourselves.

----
Brandon Buckner
Switching Technician / VoIP Admin
Iowa Network Services