[VoiceOps] Bring Your Own Bandwidth/Network

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri Oct 30 13:16:28 EDT 2009

On 10/30/09 10:10 AM, Sorensen, Marty wrote:
> Do you require anything in writing legal or otherwise?

We're pretty casual about this, because really the worst case for us is
the customer cancels service.  And regardless of contracts, we'll let a
customer leave if they are unhappy.  So far only one has had bad enough
quality on BYOB that they wanted to cancel.  Oh, we did have another
that canceled because their carrier had total outages at least weekly.
I do make sure that the warning is documented at least through e-mail,
and the e-mail is part of the customer record in CRM.

Our general service agreement already has protection against general
liability and specifically excludes liability for BYOB.