[VoiceOps] Acme SBC geographic redundancy

Jason L. Nesheim jnesheim at cytek.biz
Sun Sep 6 20:51:56 EDT 2009

Right, that would impact existing established calls and subscriptions. However, larger problem is that in a failover condition endpoints would begin sending SIP Invites to a SBC (pair) that does not have a valid registration cached, and depending on the configuration, SIP port map. Depending on the re-registration interval, this could result in outbound call failures for anywhere for a couple minutes to an hour or more. In the reverse direction the inside SBC IP would be unique at each site. This would render the metaswitch unable to contact the endpoint for PSTN -> VoIP calls for the period of re-registration as well.

--
Jason Nesheim