[VoiceOps] Switch Pricing

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Sep 14 21:48:02 EDT 2009

You want actual $$$ figures?  That flies in the face of all market
segmentation practices in enterprise pricing.  Not going to happen.

The "process" is for the sales representative to talk to you, feel you
out, get a sense of the purchasing power and budgetary climate of your
company ("what you're worth"), and then generate a "custom" quote
"just for you!"

Richey wrote:

> I’ve been asked to start researching our next soft switch that will
> replace an asterisk based VoIP platform.   Currently were reselling
> service in other markets that are outside of our home market.    So I am
> starting my research on Meta, Sonus, Broadsoft,  and some competing
> platforms.  What I can’t find is what is the price range on anything
> without talking to sales and even at that it’s usually a long drawn out
> process at least that’s my experience with other gear.  I would really
> like to find out the price range on some of these switches.  I am not
> looking for specific pricing just kind of a ball park.
>

> Right now I am still in the idea stage.   We just started the process of
> negotiating interconnection agreements so I don’t expect us to get real
> serious on a switch selection until early 2010.   In the meantime I want
> to learn as much as I can about possible gear but I don’t want to spend
> time on something I don’t think will be close to the budget.
>

> Richey

Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems
Web     : http://www.evaristesys.com/