[VoiceOps] Switch Pricing

Richey mylists at battleop.com
Mon Sep 14 21:45:48 EDT 2009

I've been asked to start researching our next soft switch that will replace
an asterisk based VoIP platform.   Currently were reselling service in other
markets that are outside of our home market.    So I am starting my research
on Meta, Sonus, Broadsoft,  and some competing platforms.  What I can't find
is what is the price range on anything without talking to sales and even at
that it's usually a long drawn out process at least that's my experience
with other gear.  I would really like to find out the price range on some of
these switches.  I am not looking for specific pricing just kind of a ball
park.

Right now I am still in the idea stage.   We just started the process of
negotiating interconnection agreements so I don't expect us to get real
serious on a switch selection until early 2010.   In the meantime I want to
learn as much as I can about possible gear but I don't want to spend time on
something I don't think will be close to the budget.

Richey