[VoiceOps] ipv6 is for real (was Re: CPE IAD recommendations)

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Wed Sep 16 10:14:36 EDT 2009

As I understand it (from a NANOG presentation I had seen a while back -
http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog46/presentations/Monday/Nina_johnb_broad_
cable_N46.pdf) Comcast's initial plans for IPv6 was for a unified device
management platform for everything from their MTAs to set top boxes to the
core.

I haven't seen anything about offering it as a service to customers, but
it's possible.  Comcast however is not normally known for innovation when it
comes to customer offerings (unless you include meddling with P2P traffic).

	-Scott