[VoiceOps] ipv6 is for real (was Re: CPE IAD recommendations)

nick hatch nicholas.hatch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:36:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Scott Berkman <scott at sberkman.net> wrote:

> I haven't seen anything about offering it as a service to customers, but
> it's possible.  Comcast however is not normally known for innovation when
> it
> comes to customer offerings (unless you include meddling with P2P traffic).

I'm not sure what counts as innovation in your book, but I've found Comcast
to be a bit more clueful than many operators:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-durand-softwire-dual-stack-lite-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5632
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-livingood-woundy-congestion-mgmt-00

Comcast says that their core is entirely IPv6 enabled, and they have
announced IPv6 /wholesale/ offerings. AFAIK, this is the most recent
announcement from them regarding IPv6.
http://www.comcast.com/About/PressRelease/PressReleaseDetail.ashx?PRID=878

-Nick