[VoiceOps] Full global country/city list similar to NANPA list

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Feb 1 16:13:29 EST 2010

On 02/01/2010 03:56 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:

> On 2/1/10 1:49 PM, Colin wrote:
>> Maybe I misread the original post if your not worried about the cost
>> what are you looking for?
>
> The LCR system is all about cost. However in building it, logic says you
> find the absolutely most granular model possible, and build up from
> there. That's the theory anyway. Then, again in theory, all rate decks
> should fit into that model and you have neat and concise database queries.

Carlos, as long as you have confidence in all your carriers' willingness
to complete a call to a given destination at a given price, I think the
simplest strategy for you would be to generate a retail deck according
to the most granular prefix available for every destination among all
carriers in your LCR table.  When two or more prefix/provider tuples are
of equal prefix length, choose the highest one, the lowest one, or
average them, or average them and then add a certain %.

It really just depends on how likely it is that a given carrier will not
actually complete a call and you'll have to fall back to a much more
expensive rate from the next-cheapest carrier.

> Here is how I explain theory versus reality, and it certainly applies to
> the phone network:
>
> http://www.askmen.com/daily/jokes/2001_jun/jun14.html

LOL!  :)

--