[VoiceOps] Skype gateways? Anyone using them?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Jan 6 23:13:56 EST 2010

I've been asked to throw something out here on the list to see if
anyone is using a Skype gateway of some sort.  I know that quite a few
people do trunk Skype into their existing TDM PBX platforms for
connection to customer service lines, or for the odd road warrior who
needs access to a DISA trunk.  But is this widespread?  Are the
companies making the "hardware" units making reliable equipment?  Does
any carrier think that Skype calls through or into their network is a
viable business in some way, or is it always a threat?

Yes, Digium does offer a Skype software package that could be
considered "competitive", but I'm actually somewhat interested to know
if anyone is doing significant amounts of Skype trunking into their
other TDM or VoIP networks.  I'd welcome open discussion of this,
since it's kind of an interesting operational question.  If you feel
like it, you can answer this short survey, too -  http://bit.ly/skype-gateways

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Skype+Gateways

JT

disclaimer: it seems relevant to say that this is usually my .sig:

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/