[VoiceOps] Role of D.C. Agent

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jul 7 09:25:03 EDT 2010

Section 413 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended by TRA96,
the text of which is available here:

    http://www.fcc.gov/Reports/1934new.pdf

and which is referenced by Form 499A, also has this to say on the subject:

SEC. 413. [47 U.S.C. 413] DESIGNATION OF AGENT FOR SERVICE.

         It shall be the duty of every carrier subject to this Act to
designate in writing an agent in the District of Columbia, upon whom
service of all notices and process and all orders, decisions, and
requirements of the Commission may be made for and on behalf of said
carrier in any proceeding or suit pending before the Commission, and
to file such designation in the office of the secretary of the
Commission, which designation may from time to time be changed by like
writing similarly filed; and thereupon service of all notices and
process and orders, decisions, and requirements of the Commission may
be made upon such carrier by leaving a copy thereof with such
designated agent at his office or usual place of residence in the
District of Columbia, with like effect as if made personally upon
such carrier, and in default of such designation of such agent,
service of any notice or other process in any proceeding before said
Commission, or of any order, decision, or requirement of the
Commission, may be made by posting such notice, process, order,
requirement, or decision in the office of the secretary of the
Commission.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC