[VoiceOps] The peer of my peer is my peer?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:35:47 EDT 2010

I've seen this happen with resellers that only use a proxy between
their customers (Bandwidth.com).  In that case all transport, codec,
and caller ID parameters must be compatible (Bandwidth won't do
anything about them).

With Level(3) Vector they hold media and can make codecs compatible.
However, one problem we have found is Caller ID presentation.  When
going to a peer Level(3) will not do a dip and set the from name, they
depend on the originating network to set the CID appropriately or they
depend on the terminating network to do a dip.

We experienced problems with this once Comcast starting using Level(3)
vector.  CID name presentation would be inconsistent on calls to
Comcast.