[VoiceOps] Bandwidth.com Wholesale opinions?

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Tue Jul 13 23:03:43 EDT 2010

> Most of their stuff is still Level3, as far as I can tell, but they did
> develop some CLEC holdings in 2009 and have been busily porting large
> amounts of numbers out of Level3 and onto their own network.  At the time
> when this process first started, there were definitely some hiccups, but it
> seems pretty stable these days.

I figured they'd have to be stable for Google to be using them for Google
Voice. But with them doing changes to migrate DIDs from Level3 to
themselves, it makes me queezy. I had wondered if they were almost becoming
an MVNO of the CLEC world because ranges that used to be Level3 became
entirely Bandwidth.com owned instead of new ranges being provisioned.

> Because they are such a large and ubiquitous vendor, opinions are to some
> extent irrelevant;  people don't use them out of endearment, but because of
> the terms and the footprint.
>
> Last I heard their minimums for wholesale termination were pretty hefty,
> but that may have changed or just not be the case for you.

They searched us out, so maybe high minimums didn't work out so well.

Thanks everyone for the input.

~Jared