[VoiceOps] Handling complaints against customers

Hiers, David David_Hiers at adp.com
Tue Jun 22 10:13:50 EDT 2010

If the called party feels threatened, the calls are illegal.

If you admitted that the calling party exists, much less acknowledged that they are a customer of yours, you are probably close to violating your CPNI obligations to the calling party.  That'll cost up to $130,000 per incident.  Don’t worry, it's capped at $1,300,000, so you should be fine.

Luckily, you don't really have to know what to do.  You are always free to report what you know to the police and let them take whatever action they deem appropriate.

David Hiers

CCIE (R/S, V), CISSP
ADP Dealer Services
2525 SW 1st Ave.