[VoiceOps] Handling complaints against customers

Hiers, David David_Hiers at adp.com
Tue Jun 22 12:41:46 EDT 2010

Sounds like you're OK, then.

David Hiers

CCIE (R/S, V), CISSP
ADP Dealer Services
2525 SW 1st Ave.
Suite 300W
Portland, OR 97201
o: 503-205-4467
f: 503-402-3277

-----Original Message-----
From: voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org [mailto:voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Carlos Alvarez
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:49 AM
Cc: voiceops at voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] Handling complaints against customers

Hiers, David wrote:
> If the called party feels threatened, the calls are illegal.
>
> If you admitted that the calling party exists, much less acknowledged that they are a customer of yours, you are probably close to violating your CPNI obligations to the calling party.  That'll cost up to $130,000 per incident.  Don’t worry, it's capped at $1,300,000, so you should be fine.

Don't know what you mean.  Admit to who?  We were advised by the carrier
that provides the DID number for the customer (who would not have been
the carrier terminating the outbound call).  We've had no dialog with
anyone other than our customer, and won't.

I'm curious how they got the complaint, and so quickly no less.  The
calls were Friday and Monday and we were advised in the afternoon on Monday.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve