[VoiceOps] Splitting SIP+RTP PCAP files

Nicholas Sten nicksten at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 12:54:03 EDT 2010

Kristian,

Alex has an elegant and inexpensive (read: basically free!) solution that
you might want to check out.  Here's a brief description (I've culled from a
personal email, so I hope I don't misrepresent it)

*So I wrote a highly parallelised, multithreaded tool that runs on such a
"capture box" and listens to SIP traffic intelligently.  It automatically
identifies the media ports involved in a call and records both SIP and RTP
to distinct capture files in a dated directory hierarchy separated by day
and hour.  The capture file contains the date, time, ANI, DNIS and Call-ID.*

You should give him a shout: Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>

I can vouch for the quality and effectiveness of his solutions.

-N