[VoiceOps] Cisco Call Manager sound files: got 'em?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu May 13 19:30:08 EDT 2010

I'm looking for a list of prompts that come as "standard" with a Cisco
Call Manager platform - I don't know if there are different sets for
different "flavors" of CCM, so apologies if this question is not as
precise as it needs to be.  I would assume that at least voicemail,
error prompts, and some basic informational recordings come standard
with the platform... right?   I found a short list, but it seems
laughably incomplete, and there is no mention of voicemail or
conferencing or... anything else.  Surely there are more extensive
prompts stored somewhere.

I get the impression that these are from the "annunciator" module, and
are perhaps found in the TFTP directory with a filename list called
"Annunciator.xml" - no idea what's in that file, though.  I'm reading
shadows on the Google cave wall.

Access to the sound files themselves or a list (if such a thing
exists) containing the exact wording of each prompt, the filename, and
the encoding type would be fine.  Contact me off-list, please.

Out of curiosity, does CCM include HD codecs in their prompt sets at
this point?  Or does it just use the 8khz G.711 recordings and
transcode them into G.722 or whatever?  There seem to be indications
that it does, but it's not clear.  Even better question: are the HD
codec versions (if they exist) actually better-sounding, or are they
just pre-translated HD versions of the 8khz prompts?

A list of some possible prompts:
  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmsys/a05ann.html#wp1042436

Modifying prompts
  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b04ann.html#wp1042536

A location for some? (if you're on Windows)
   C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\United_States

JT