[VoiceOps] Call Drops while placing calls on hold through comcast

Peter Fabian pfabian at telesphere.com
Fri May 14 13:33:15 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anybody is seeing similar issues.

Issue:  Our customer receives an inbound call from any of our sip peering
partners.  Our customer then initiates a hold.  In the REINVTE our sdp
contains a=sendonly.  All of our carriers respond back with a BYE.  This
problem only occurs when the originating party is calling from comcast
service from Utah and Washington State.

It appears that comcast, in their 200OK, is not sending any direction
attribute (not sending direction attribute = sending sendrecv) and because
of this our sip providers terminate the call in both directions

I've tried changing our hold configuration to use c=0.0.0.0 but I think our
carriers overwrite this back to a=sendonly as the problem still occurs.

Any thoughts...

Peter Fabian | Senior Voice Engineer