[VoiceOps] Outbound Caller-ID Name Issue on Certain Carriers

Christian Pena cpena at ststelecom.com
Wed Oct 6 17:29:22 EDT 2010

  We are having increasing numbers of complaints from our users that
they make outbound calls and the far end sees the incorrect calling
party name.

We have "ABC Company" loaded into the CNAM DB , we make test calls to a
local LEC line and the correct name shows up. That same customer calls a
Comcast, MetroPCS, Vonage, etc number and the far end sees "Dominos
Pizza"(for example).

I have been putting out dozens of fires with these terminating carriers
for a couple of weeks, they find the problem and fix it and we move
forward. This is normal business but have seen an enormous increase in
these kind of reports from customers.

Anyone else out there seeing this kind of issue recently?

--
**Christian Pena**