[VoiceOps] Strange Call Flow

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Oct 15 16:48:14 EDT 2010

On 10/15/2010 04:38 PM, Hiers, David wrote:

> I pretty much see 180s used to carry (1) nothing at all or (2) an
> alert-info typeparameter to tell the phone to play a particular locally
> stored sound, while I only see 183s used to carry SDP.  I can't recall seeing
> any exceptions, but we have a pretty tight selection of stacks around here.

This is a matter of convention, purely, but a firmly established one.

It is important to remember that an SDP offer or answer only describes
to its recipient where media may be sent;  it is not a statement about
what shall be sent from the source of the SDP body.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC