[VoiceOps] local calling database

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Thu Sep 9 16:34:36 EDT 2010

I think it's a terminology difference, and I may not have been clear on
which the OP was asking about.

The LERG, or Local Exchange Routing Guide, contains information that defines
LATAs, Rate Centers, localities, Numbering Plans, and exchange/LRN routing
data among other things.  I think it is a stretch to say that this does not
count as information pertinent to a "local calling database".

Local calling areas (which to me refers to what calls are classified as
local and are "free" vs. which are LD or more generally "toll" and are
charged usage for) are a billing concept usually based on "rating" calls
that can differ from carrier to carrier and plan to plan.  Telcordia talks
about this here
http://www.trainfo.com/products_services/tra/catalog_details.html and
http://www.trainfo.com/products_services/tra/downloads/tra_catalog.pdf.

	-Scott